Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Engagement Pictures AND Wedding Vendor Spotlight!

So...one of the reasons for starting this blog was my desire to highlight ALL of my FABULOUS wedding vendors.  I will be keeping some things secret as I want some wedding surprises but really wanted a place to thank all the special people/companies.  First spotlight...Katie Norris Portrait Arts.  Oh. My. Fabulous. I remember a few months before we got engaged stumbling upon the KNPA blog.  I spent a good hour that night looking at all the posts before I realized that I wanted her as my wedding photographer. I think she was the first call that I made after we set the date because I know how fast good vendors fill up.  I did do my due diligence and compare other photographer's packages but in the end Katie was THE BEST.  I wanted a package that included engagement and bridal pictures but the most important part was that it included my wedding album.  Most other packages did not include an album and it was an additional...and exorbitant fee in some cases.  Secondly, Katie, like myself is a BAYLOR girl!  Which pretty much just sealed the deal.  I loved that she was flexible on coming to Houston for our engagements and for the wedding and did not have a long list of requirements.  It made things so much easier on me. The first week in March we had our engagement shoot and I could not be happier with the images. Here are a few favorites...there are more on her blog.
So this is probably our most favorite.  Since some of yall who have seen the pics have asked.....I am wearing a Kate Spade Vanilla "Josie" dress.  Harrison's Burberry tie was my Christmas gift to him last year to accompany all of his "lawyer" suits. :)
Our second favorite....in downtown Houston.  I am actually wearing a Lula Kate Dress from Bella Bridesmaids! :) Which will be my next vendor spotlight! (Side note...I realize that 99% of yall care less about what I am wearing....but I know that at least one person will email me and say "where did you get that dress..."...because I am often that one person that emails others and asks....I just thought I'd provide the information... ) :)


  This was the picture for our Save The Date! So fun!  I knew I wanted a cute concept with props and a cute way of displaying our date.  KNPA actually did the design and printing for the Save The Date's.  She was great about putting together multiple different concepts and then playing around.  Also...because I am neurotic I am really picky about all paper products (invitations, save the dates, programs, menus, etc.) all having a signature look or theme or some way to pull them all together. Katie was great about working with some of our designs that a graphic designer worked up for us and keeping it all together.  THE BEST was the presentation of the cards and the cards themselves.  They were shipped in the beautiful brown box with a white ribbon and the paper quality on the Save The Date's was amazing.  I addressed and mailed them all immediately. 

Last Picture for here!  I loved the lighting on these.  This was towards the end of the day in Memorial park.....A favorite as well.
Long story short....if you need an amazing photographer...who is also the sweetest person you will ever meet...Katie Norris is your girl! :) Call her!

1 comment: